Welcome to “Thursday’s Three”! In these posts, we will give you three things that we are loving this week. We’ll include things we are reading, using, laughing about, and more! So, Momma, take a few minutes for yourself and ENJOY!
There’s just something about summer that gets us so excited about kid’s clothes and shoes! Maybe it’s the fact that we get to show off those sweet little leg rolls and baby toes. We have been on the hunt for the best shoes to pair with Grace & James’ sweet spring and summer classics. As we searched, we kept a few things in mind:
- Accessible: All shoes needed to be easy to slip on and off. Big Sissy likes to “my turn” her shoes and it’s simply not worth the struggle.
- Affordable: As you saw from our Thursday’s Three post about the BOGO 50% from Target the other week, we don’t spend a lot on our own shoes. Little fella and Sissy’s shoes don’t break the bank either.
- Durable: We play hard in our shoes and anything that goes on our kids feet have to be able to withstand puddles, sandboxes, and playgrounds.
- Versatile: We look for shoes that can be worn with dressy and casual outfits. We want a few reliable pairs of shoes for each season that we can mix and match with all of our kids’ outfits.
We found three brands that fit the bill!
- L’Amour: We LOVE the saddle oxfords and mary janes from L’Amour. We were ecstatic to find they made sandals for boys and little and big girls, too! The element that has us shouting “HOORAY!!” are the velcro straps. These shoes are made from beautiful leather, come in tons of colors, and seriously put the hand-embroidered Sailboat Collection dress, bloomers, and shorts over the top! If you’d like a pair of these darling sandals, please order from Grace & James Kids by Monday, April 4. They will ship around April 11. AND if you didn’t reserve your sailboat outfit, you can still purchase one of the extras from the Grace & James website. They are only $38 and will ship mid-May, or sooner!
- Natives: These may be my favorite summertime shoe. They slide on easily, look super cute, and are quite possibly the best pool shoe around. Our sweet friend Bekah over at the Pink Possum has lots of colors and sizes. You can check them out here. Follow her on IG @shoppinkpossum to see other options, as well! She offers free shipping on orders over $40, so you should probably order something for yourself while you’re at it. Just saying.
- Keds: These are just a classic for all kids and can withstand wash after wash. They are perfect play shoes and can be a go to shoe for a more dressy outfit, too. Keds are ideal for year round wear. At less than $30 a piece you can add both the red and navy to your shopping cart for your little fella or the white t-strap for girlies.